[sf-lug] SF-LUG web site updated (COVID-19)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Mar 21 01:21:11 PDT 2020

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:19:22 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: conspire at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Re: [conspire] [L]UGs & ...: Re:  Cabal & Covid19

> Yes, generally best to presume in-person cancelled (and by legal
> order, if not common sense), until things are clearly stated
> otherwise.

Expanding on my tongue-in-cheek 'Magic 8-ball' comment:  No, I am not
pre-emptively cancelling the April and May CABAL meetings, because we're
all obviously in a dynamic situation where anyone who says he/she can
accurately predict where we'll be, that far in the future, is either
deluded or lying.

If I had to _guess_, I would speculate that the Bay Area and state of
California's highly commendable flatten-the-curve tactics will still
be in place for several months, but OTOH there's also a difficult-to-guess
but significant likelihood of official reversion to (at least) the
pre-Monday social distancing guidelines.