[sf-lug] mailing list working?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 27 19:45:55 PST 2020

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

> hi Rick,
>
>     I sent in the meeting notification this AM and it has not returned to
> me.  I wonder if there is a problem with the list or if I am not getting
> messages from the list.  Address used was sf-lug at linuxmafia.com

linuxmafia:/var/log/exim4# grep bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com rejectlog
linuxmafia:/var/log/exim4# grep bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com mainlog | more
2020-01-27 19:18:58 1iwHOp-0001m7-1V SA: Action: scanned but message isn't spam:
 score=0.9 required=4.0 (scanned in 11/11 secs | Message-Id: 7d1cede2-fc3f-3b04-
1917-f04d1ffa57c1 at dslextreme.com). From <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> (host=smt
p.email-protect.gosecure.net [208.80.203.1]) for rick at linuxmafia.com
2020-01-27 19:18:58 1iwHOp-0001m7-1V <= bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com H=smtp.emai
l-protect.gosecure.net [208.80.203.1] P=esmtp S=2127 id=7d1cede2-fc3f-3b04-1917-
f04d1ffa57c1 at dslextreme.com
linuxmafia:/var/log/exim4

The current mainlog file goes back to 06:25:48 this morning.  Let's check
the previous one in case you were posting at Dark O'Clock:

linuxmafia:/var/log/exim4# grep bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com mainlog.1 | more
linuxmafia:/var/log/exim4#

Nothing there.  Just to be thorough, let's check the prior 'rejectlog':

linuxmafia:/var/log/exim4# grep bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com rejectlog.1 | more
linuxmafia:/var/log/exim4#

Nothing there, either.  So, bottom line, the only e-mail my mail server
has received from your address today is the one I'm responding to.
On my site, the mailing list software ('Mailman') wasn't involved
processing your mail today because none of your mail arrived from
my SMTP daemon (Exim) other than your offlist mail asking if there is a
problem with the mailing list.

Whatever problem you're having, it's not one on my server, because
no delivery attempt is recorded here.  Sorry to hear you're having
problems, though.

--
Cheers,                     "It's still magic even if you know how it's done."
Rick Moen                           -- Terry Pratchett, _A Hat Full of Sky_
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ! (4x80)