[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 9 12:20:12 PST 2020

Quoting aaronco36 (aaronco36 at SDF.ORG):
> (Forwarded message from Ken Shaffer <kenshaffer80 at gmail.com>)
>
> At the meeting, Jim and I had problems getting Antix 19 (x64)
> installer to run on an Intel Compute Stick (ICS). It would run for a
> bit then hang up. The clue was when booting Antix 19 off a micro SD,
> the "free" command indicated that swap size was 0.

Ken, good idea, going to the installer's virtual console and running 'free'.
Those Intel Compute Sticks come with variously anywhere from 1 to 4 GB
RAM.  How much the antiX installer uses depends on which ISO you use:
The antiX-full image chews up more RAM than the others.

And, actually, the smart move on a low-RAM machine would be to _not_
run the default graphical installer, but rather, at the installation
ISO's boot prompt, login as root and run the 'cli-installer' program
_and_ also create a swap partition.  This is specifically recommended on
the antiX FAQ.
http://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/docs-antiX-19/FAQ/index.html#_system_requirements