[sf-lug] Latest Linux Pro magazine for December 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Dec 14 15:09:09 PST 2019

Hi LUGers,

     Today Saturday, December 14, 2019 I managed to acquire
     at the Fog City News Stand and Chocolate Shop the latest
     Linux Pro Magazine Issue #229 for December 2019.
     Delivery has been delayed by Eastern USA storms.

     Distributions of the month on a double-sided DVD are
     Archlinux 64 bit and CentOS 8.0.1905 64 bit.

    The big Headline is the Future of Vector Graphics
     Smaller headline OpenFire maximize Privacy with
     your own IM server.
     Shoebot Create drawings and animations with Python
     Scripts
     Data Security in AWS
     Yocto Build a custom image for your Rasp Pi.

     One Armed Bandit - code a gambling game in Go
     Oil Shell Bash-compatible shell for easy scripting.
     Media Purge Sort and organize your media files

     Linux Voice
     o Launch Android apps on Linux with Anbox
     o Chob: Keyword search for packages
     o Maddog: Keep learning new skills

         FOSSPicks
         o Zrythm digital workstation
         o Drone Control with Kirogi

         Tutorials
         o Foliate
         o Pencil 2D
         And much more including Fyne a GUI framework for Go.
     Multiple OSes on a single memory card, Versatility and even
     more.

     <www.linuxpromagazine.com>

         I will be trying to bring this to the meeting on January 5, 2020,

         Bobbie Sellers