[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 18:00:08 PST 2019

[quoting bobbie sellers]
>>Maestro came by momentarily but decided that there was not enough
>>room and took care of other business in the neighborhood.

i did? what "other business" is this?
and how would anyone know what i did after leaving the cafe?
where i went?
do i have a stalker(s)?
is there a public log(s) of my travels kept somewhere on SF-LUG?
i am legitimately interested...

'm______'

message ends.
___________________

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 5:09 PM Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> played
> that I had forgotten the save command. Then I shut it down
>
>       Well then Ken and his wife showed up.
>
>       Jim Stockford and Aaron C, showed up next.
>
>       Jim is interested in Python and teaching a new student so the Python
> classroom on Fedora 31 running Gnome was the next thing I booted up.
>
>       John S. had no problem booting up the MX-19, AntiX 19, or anything
> else
> but had no interest in running them because they are not responding to the
> 4K screen with properly sized fonts or icons.  Adjusting them
> practically takes
> a magnifying glass except with Gnome 3.3 on Ubuntu where a program
> called Gnome Tweaks is available to help the user.
>
>      Maestro came by momentarily but decided that there was not enough
> room and took care of other business in the neighborhood.
>
>       Jim had brought in the Intel Stick computer that originated with
> Ken who
> first gave it to me then I passed it on to Jim when he evinced interest in
> a web page server.   Ken had brought in a very small hdmi monitor which
> was attached to the computer along with a keyboard and mouse then
> Ken demonstrated the proper setup of the stick computer.
>
>       Fedora Python Classroom 31 and my meager demonstration of it
> convinced Jim that he wanted it to use with his new programming student.
>
>       Robert J. who had gotten me to download TAILS for him came in
> and before I was done I had demoed, in addiction to TAILS, Fedora 31
> Live KDE,
> AntiX-19 and even pclinuxos64 KDE.  Robert bought rather than checked them
> out.
>       He last came to a meeting about 3 years ago and I only vaguely
> remembered him.  He had gotten sidetracked from pursuing Linux he said.
> He, I think, is still in the exploratory stage of Linux use trying to
> find a
> distribution or more than one that suits his usage
>
>       Aaron C. with an older computer from a family member was occupied
> using Roxie on AntiX-19 to setup icons on the desktop to suit a user who is
> not happy with menus.
>
>       Finally one James Howard showed up, an old compatriot of Jim
> Stockford and
> of Aaron C.  This happy reunion occupied about an an extra hour of time but
> eventually Jim Stockford gave myself and Aaron C.  rides onward.
>
>      Anyone attending the meeting is free to correct my omissions or
> incomprehension of the activities and asked to do so asap so that the
> membership not in attendance will not be mis-informed any longer
> than necessary.
>
>      So this was a fairly good meeting aside from the small table space
> available.
>
>      The next meeting will be on Sunday December 1.  My regular notice
> may be
> expected around November 25.
>      Have a happy Thanksgiving and a calm Black Friday.

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*