[sf-lug] Yes, Mailman stores and sends the passwords in the clear: Re: Anyone here had any contact with Linu xChix.org?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 6 22:21:26 PDT 2019

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> Agree with everything you wrote. One thing I'm still not clear on is *why*
> you need to send password reminders monthly (or at any period).

Because people forget an then try to claim they didn't know (and
complain when you point out the 'send me a password reminder' feature).

Because a default of at least one mail per month to each subscriber even
if the subscriber has set 'vacation' mode helps weed out no-longer-valid
addresses.

Anyway, if it bothers you, you always and everywhere have the option of
toggling it off for your subscription.