[sf-lug] Anyone here had any contact with Linu xChix.org?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 6 22:12:02 PDT 2019

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> i am registered on it, and it seems it's saving passwords in clear,
> and the monthly mailer daemon sends them in clear email :(

You may have forgotten, but you were explicitly advised that you should
use a low-security subscription password at the time you subscribed, and
that it would by default be periodically mailed back to you.

If you object to the latter for some reason, disabling/enabling password
reminders is one of the options on your subcription options page.

Every single GNU Mailman installation is this way, and because Mailman
is the most popular MLM (mailing list manager), that means probably most
mailing lists do, period.  I'm surprised you only now noticed.