[sf-lug] Joker.com: Your domains are about to expire (expiration report)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 3 07:49:56 PDT 2019

> From: "Joker.com Renewal Reminder" <renewal-support at joker.com>
> Subject: Joker.com: Your domains are about to expire (expiration report)
> Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 01:16:53 +0200

> Dear valued customer of Joker.com,
>
> This is a reminder to kindly inform you that your domains listed below
> are about to expire at the dates shown (YYYY-MM-DD)
> Domainname | Exp.-Date
> -----------+-----------
> sf-lug.com | 2019-07-02
> sf-lug.org | 2019-07-02

So, I'll cover renewing sf-lug.ORG.

Y'all should coordinate* & decide on the other(s),
and pay for the renewal(s) of other(s) as desired,
most notably upcoming soon: sf-lug.COM

*useful so the desired doesn't go unpaid, and there isn't
inadvertent over/double/... pay.

I'm presuming not only Jim has access to be able to pay,
etc. for sf-lug.COM, but, if I'm not mistaken, many registrars,
and I think also Joker.com, will allow *anyone* to renew
a *non*-expired domain ...
but that may or may not be the case with Joker.com,
so don't presume so without checking/verifying.

And, don't cut the timing too close on the renewal.
Generally recommended to do renewals >= 30 days in
advance.

Also, DO NOT transfer a domain (to another
registrar, etc.) with less than 30 days before
expiration.  Within that time period, for the most
part, should only renew ... other changes could
muck things up and break renewal, and with that
the domain - so ... don't do that.

If y'all want to *transfer*, that should be done *after* renewal,
in the case of <30 days before expiration.

$ fgrep -i sf-lug.com ~/calendar | fgrep 'domain expires' | tail -n 1
2019-07-02 sf-lug.com domain expires 2019-07-02T21:17:46Z
$ whois sf-lug.com 2>&1 | fgrep -i expir | grep '20[123][0-9][0-9]'
    Registry Expiry Date: 2019-07-02T21:17:46Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-07-02T21:17:46Z
$
Tick, tick, tick, ...