[sf-lug] Update Re: SF-LUG meets Sunday June 2, 2019 plus HW news!

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri May 31 21:10:42 PDT 2019

Hi LUGers,

     Have gotten GPartEd in version 1.0.0-1 for
i686, i686-PAE, and amd64.
     I have copies on CD or will put it on digital
media if you prefer.

     Intel casually announces that Ice Lake-family 10th-gen Core chips
are shipping now
by Zak Killian — 10:30 AM on May 29, 2019

Intel held its Computex keynote Monday night (US time), and if we can be
completely
  honest, we weren't exactly blown away by the company's announcements.
There was
the Core i9-9900KS that you've no doubt heard about—more or less a Core
i9-9900K
  with "multi-core enhancement" built right in—and some new Xeon
E-series CPUs, as
well as a few other topics we'll be talking about eventually.
Full article at:
<https://techreport.com/news/34613/intel-casually-announces-that-ice-lake-family-10th-gen-core-chips-are-shipping-now?post=1108977>

     Looking for something totally different when I spotted the headline.

     Bobbie Sellers  - now scroll down for some other matters of interest.

On 5/27/19 5:54 PM, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> Hi LUGers,
>
>   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
> and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
> at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.
>
>     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
> year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
> and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
> who can.
>
>     New Linux Distributions added to the library.
>
> kali-linux-light-2019.2-amd64.iso
>  kali-linux-2019.2-amd64.iso
> Both passed the checksum.
> For more information check:
> <https://www.kali.org/downloads/>
>
>  robolinux64-xfce-v10.5.iso passed
> the checksums.  This is a release that
> you can try out but the publishers of
> it want money.  Cannot blame them
> as this started as a pay-for-play called
> TurboLinux unless I am confused.
> It is or was a San Francisco Company.
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/robolinux/files/>

     I put this on a DVD and booted it up and
it looks rather conventional with xfce.

> BlackArch Linux
> Another penetration and testing release.
>         I have downloaded the 651 MB
> blackarch-linux-netinst-2019.06.01-x86_64.iso
> login: root, password: blackarch
> It has passed the checksum and If anyone
> wants to try it I will put it on the desired media.
> BlackArch is different.  The next large iso
> file is 12 GB and I simply thought that
> would take too long.  At the same time on
> the BlackArch site the the ultimate is an ova
> of about 30 GB.
> <https://blackarch.org/downloads.html>
Put this on a CD and booted it up.