[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday June 2, 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon May 27 17:54:34 PDT 2019

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     New Linux Distributions added to the library.

kali-linux-light-2019.2-amd64.iso
  kali-linux-2019.2-amd64.iso
Both passed the checksum.
For more information check:
<https://www.kali.org/downloads/>

  robolinux64-xfce-v10.5.iso passed
the checksums.  This is a release that
you can try out but the publishers of
it want money.  Cannot blame them
as this started as a pay-for-play called
TurboLinux unless I am confused.
It is or was a San Francisco Company.
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/robolinux/files/>

BlackArch Linux
Another penetration and testing release.
         I have downloaded the 651 MB
blackarch-linux-netinst-2019.06.01-x86_64.iso
login: root, password: blackarch
It has passed the checksum and If anyone
wants to try it I will put it on the desired media.
BlackArch is different.  The next large iso
file is 12 GB and I simply thought that
would take too long.  At the same time on
the BlackArch site the the ultimate is an ova
of about 30 GB.
<https://blackarch.org/downloads.html>

openSUSE-Leap-15.1-DVD-x86_64.iso
This is an install only iso.  It has passed
the checksum.
<https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/startup/single-html/book.opensuse.startup/index.html#sec.osuse.installquick>

  ubuntukylin-19.04-desktop-amd64.iso
passed the checksum and as I recall this is an install only
iso file.

         I will know more before the meeting.

         Bobbie Sellers