[sf-lug] updated: Re: Status of SF-LUG / Linux meeting(s) @ Noisebridge? & SF-LUG web site (mis?)information thereof

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed May 22 21:40:53 PDT 2019

Thanks Rick, Todd, et. al. for updating status/experiences regarding
the whatever it *was* Linux thingy at Noisebridge on SF-LUG's web page.

Executive action (for public/Linux interest and lack of anyone else
bothering to do it - and looks to be a chronic problem that's gone on
for probably years or more) ... and based upon the reasonably available
credible evidence, history, track record ...

$ wget -q -O - https://www.sf-lug.org/ | fgrep -i noisebridge
<LI>Support the Noisebridge Linux Discussion meeting when it happens,
usually on Wednesday evenings, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (or so) in the
Turing classroom.<br>
Noisebridge is located at 2169 Mission Street, very near 18th Street,
in San Francisco.
$ hostname; id; pwd -P
balug-sf-lug-v2.balug.org
uid=22035(sflugwww) gid=22035(sflugwww) groups=22035(sflugwww)
/var/www/www.sf-lug.org
$ TZ=GMT0 stat index.php
   File: index.php
   Size: 3902            Blocks: 8          IO Block: 4096   regular file
Device: fe02h/65026d    Inode: 166014      Links: 1
Access: (0644/-rw-r--r--)  Uid: (22035/sflugwww)   Gid: (22035/sflugwww)
Access: 2019-05-23 04:26:15.533244867 +0000
Modify: 2016-07-18 16:18:38.521393742 +0000
Change: 2016-07-18 16:18:38.521393742 +0000
  Birth: -
$ ex index.php
index.php: unmodified: line 75
:1
<HTML>
:se ignorecase
:g/Noisebridge/,/Noisebridge/d
:w !diff % -
54,56d53
< <LI>Support the Noisebridge Linux Discussion meeting when it
happens, usually
on Wednesday evenings, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (or so) in the Turing
classroom.<
br>
< Noisebridge is located at 2169 Mission Street, very near 18th
Street, in San F
rancisco.
< <br><A href="http://www.noisebridge.net">Noisebridge</A></LI><br>
diff index.php -: exited with status 1
:wq
index.php: 72 lines, 3582 characters
$ wget -q -O - https://www.sf-lug.org/ | fgrep -i noisebridge
$

I.e. done - Noisebridge stuff stripped from the web page.

Your welcome.

references/excerpts:

http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug.mbox/sf-lug.mbox