[sf-lug] Notification about ZombieLoad Attack vulnerabilities

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed May 22 04:16:10 PDT 2019

Quoting aaronco36 (aaronco36 at SDF.ORG):

> For those of you who aren't already aware of this, there was posted
> within the last several days the discovery of more critical
> vulnerabilities in Intel-based processors *besides* the previous
> infamous Meltdown, Spectre, and Foreshadow vulnerabilities.
>
> From the ZombieLoad Attack website [1]:
[snip]

[I'm late to the party because I've been abroad until just now-ish.]

ZombieLoad MDS (microarchitectural data sampling) vulnerabilities are
further discussed on LWN.net, here, including further outbound links
that should be of interest:
https://lwn.net/Articles/788381/
https://lwn.net/Articles/788522/

No further comment from yr. humble correspondent at this time, as I've
been Away from It All.