[sf-lug] GNU/Linux is Being Eaten Alive by Large Corporations With Their Agenda

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 30 01:32:25 PDT 2019

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

>     Very discouraging words here.
> GNU/Linux is Being Eaten Alive by Large Corporations With Their Agenda
> 04.16.19 Posted in GNU/Linux, IBM, Microsoft, OSDL, OSI at 8:25 am
> by Dr. Roy Schestowitz    Asset stripping GNU/Linux Asset stripping the GNU

> expense of our freedom, can be seen as a ‘soft coup’ whose
> eventual outcome would involve all or most servers in ‘the
> cloud’ (surveillance with patent tax as part of the rental fees)
> and almost no laptops/desktops which aren’t remotely controlled
> (and limit what’s run on them, using something like UEFI ‘secure
> boot’)
> Full article at <http://techrights.org/2019/04/16/soft-coup/>

In which you find a small amount of fact, a great deal of wild
extrapolation, and a large overlay of cheap conspiracy-mongering.

Spend some time reading the blog's back articles, which appear to be
primarily the bully pulpit of one Roy Schestowitz, describing himself as
a 'Software Engineer' (capitalisation in Schestowitz's original) and
'interdisiplinary researcher', and it will inform you all about how
patents and/or Microsoft Corporation are destroying the world in various
black-hearted ways.  (Particularly impressive are the many occasions
where he cites his own prior editorials as reference sources.)

But if you can't post critical-thinking-challenged pieces to your
personal blog, where can you?  It's really what they're for -- and, as I
have said for decades, at least it keeps that stuff off Usenet.

--
Cheers,                          "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;
Rick Moen                        I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."