[sf-lug] out of date books

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Tue Apr 23 13:13:21 PDT 2019

In the process of downsizing I must get rid of a lot of books of which
some of the following _might_ be of interest to members of this mailing
list.  I realize that most (all?) are very much dated and would
appreciate advice as to whether to simply destroy them rather than
continue with the vain hope of finding someone interested in having
them.

Any one interested in having any of them?
Have you any advice about whether I should just take them to the dump?
Would it be worth posting this to the 'conspire' &/or baylug list? (?
Rick, Michael ?)

Here they are:

Scheme and the Art of Programming
George Springer & Daniel P. Friedman 1989

Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
Harold Abelson & Gerald Jay Sussman /w Julie Sussman
2nd Edition 1996

Essential System Administratioin (O'Reilly)
AEleen Frisch 2002 3rd Edition

The Unix Programming Environment
Brian W. Kernighan & Rob Pike 1984

The Practice of Programming
Brian W. Kernighan & Rob Pike 1999

Hardening Linux
James Turnbull 2005

Linux Multimedia Hacks
Kyle Rankin (O'Reilly) 2006

LinksysWRT54G
Paul Asadoorian & Larry Pesce (2007)

Pluggable Authentication Modules
Kenneth Geisshirt (2007)

OpenStreetMap
Frederik Ramm, Jochen Topf & Steve Chilton (2011)

The Book of Gimp
Olivier LeCarme & Karine Delvare (2013)

The Artist's Guide to GIMP Effects
Michael J. Hammel (2007)

Beginning GIMP
Akkana Peck (2006)

GIMP User Manual
Gimp Documentation Team (2009)

GIMP 2 for Photographers
Kaus Goelker (2007)

The Book of Inkscape
Dmitry Kirsanov (2009)

Apache HTTP Server 2.2 Server Administration, Vol. 1
by the Apache Software Foundation (2010)

Scribus, the Official Manual
Gregory Pittman, Christoph Schäfer et al. (2007/2008)

Web Style Guide 2ndEd
Patrick J. Lynch & Sarah Horton (2001)

GUI Bloopers 2.0
Jeff Johnson (2008)

The Official Ubuntu Server Book (3rdEd)
Kye Rankin & Benjamin Mako Hill (2014)

Implementing SSH
Himanshu Dwivedi (2004)

TinyAVR Microcontroller Projects for the Evil Genius
Dhananjay V. Gadre & Nehul Malhotra (2011)

--
Alex Kleider
(sent from my current gizmo)