[sf-lug] out of date books

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Wed Apr 24 21:47:06 PDT 2019

jim <jim at well.com> wrote at [1]:
> I will be at this coming SF-LUG meeting
> (Sunday May 5 from 11 AM till 1 PM).
>
> I'd like to know if anyone has an interest
> in having any of the books.

I'd be interested in some of the books-in-print on the list.
In order of preference...
a) Hardening Linux, by James Turnbull (2005)
b) Linksys WRT54G, by Paul Asadoorian & Larry Pesce (2007)
c) Implementing SSH, by Himanshu Dwivedi (2004)
d) OpenStreetMap, by Frederik Ramm, Jochen Topf & Steve Chilton (2011)

Note: Just as Rick M specifically wrote at [2], I too have the PDF
renditions of both of the Brian W. Kernighan & Rob Pike titles. If these
two books-in-print titles are still unclaimed after the Sunday, May 5th
meeting, then I'd be interested in the pair of Brian W. Kernighan & Rob
Pike titles _afterwards_.
The specific reason for the "afterwards" is that I could only physically
carry so many _printed_ books at one time(!) as opposed to carrying PDF
renditions/ebooks, e.g., on a USB stick.

Would plan on attending the SF-LUG meeting of Sunday, May 5th for the
above preferred books-in-print.

Thanks goes to Alex K for offering these titles :-)
-A