[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Sunday April 7, 2019 date error+ corrected

aaronco36 at sdf.org aaronco36 at sdf.org
Wed Apr 10 12:02:21 PDT 2019

Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote at [1]:
> So, the responsible way of saying would have been 'Michael
> the Slackware user is a little out of joint, as he thinks
> Slackware is going away.'

OTOH, unless we hear back from 'Michael the Slackware
user' to clarify this, I'd also speculate whether
Michael could have really meant that "Slackware is going
away" in particular from _his_ _own_ _machine(s)_ ??

Am an admitted Slackware[2] user as well :-)

Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> also wrote at [1]:
> Or, better yet, you who read Distrowatch and certainly
> should have suspected misinformation, could have
> double-checked before repeating something probably
> without foundation.  And maybe after spending two
> minutes checking, you could have added '...he thinks
Slackware is going away (but I checked, and don't find
> any evidence of this.)

The direct link to the DistroWatch Slackware page is [3],
and DistroWatch itself provides a weekly summary of
distros'-related news at [4] (list of weekly summaries
starting from the current week on top.)

Also note from the LinuxQuestions.org Slackware Forum [5]
and from Slackware's unofficial SlackBlogs [6] that there
is _no_ current mention of Slackware Linux's imminent or
future demise.

-A