[sf-lug] Notes + constructive suggestions/advice on fstrim/discard

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 21 15:35:37 PST 2019

Quoting Alex Kleider (akleider at sonic.net):

> With the existence of "the Way Back" machine (Internet Archives)
> even that is may not be possible. Don't know.

ISTR that, after my repeated pleadings that SF-LUG accept and keep
backups of this mailing list's membership roster and cumulative mbox
fell 100% on deaf ears for long years, Michael Paoli finally worked with
me to arrange both.  As a reminder -- and I've said this many times
before -- the cumulative mbox is completely public, and it would
brighten my day if more than a single SF-LUG volunteer bothered to
periodically fetch and archive it.

http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug.mbox/sf-lug.mbox

(Michael fetches it slightly differently, using rsync, in order to fetch
just the diff, each time.  'rsync linuxmafia.com::sf-lug' will show you that.)