[sf-lug] Linux distros

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 10 13:57:41 PST 2019

Quoting Justin Noor (justinnoor.io at gmail.com):

> C’mon, Rick. Real men use Linux From Scratch. Why are you in denial 😉🙌?
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

If you want points for style in charmingly ducking the question, you
really have to try _a lot_ harder, Justin.

OK, so we can all chuckle at this point and correctly conclude 'Ah,
Justin was just posting a goofy talking point without really having any
idea what he was talking about, and now is doing a little dance and
being amusing'.  Glad that works for you, sir.

A long, long, long time ago, I learned -- as I said -- that many people
on Internet discussion media are just doing shtick, and that there are
certain probabilistic markers, among which are 'sudden suggestion of LFS
for improbable reasons'.   It's been necessary for me to interpose
filters between me and such discussions -- one of which
(congratulations!) you just encountered -- in order to avoid pointless
waste of my time.

It turns out, to my surprise, that quite a lot of people on Linux
mailing lists have made the mistake of thinking that I'm their monkey,
that they can poke me and I'll respond by dancing for their
entertainment.  No, Justin, I am not your monkey.  I am not a person who
will provide you with cheap entertainment in response to your posting
casually dumb suggestions.

If you are bored, I can recommend use of the public library systems to
good effect.  Or, for some people, Netflix is cheap enough.

Meanwhile, know that I think deliberately wasting my time when I'm not
only hosting this entire mailing list at my own expense but also spending
much of my time and effort and Linux expertise trying to help
subscribers is not cute, not clever, and not even a tiny bit endearing.