[sf-lug] Wi-Fi woes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 8 22:13:34 PST 2019

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

>> What model of gizmo?
>
> Stated in his lspci.

Close enough.  'Intel Corporation Device 2526' is not a proper model
number, but the corresponding model number is Intel Wireless-AC 9260,
which is this doohickey:
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-9260-brief.pdf

>         That last line- Intel Corporation Device 2526 (rev 29)is the
> WiFi device from 'duckduckgo'-ing  aka the Gizmo which is most
> likeliy not dead.
>
>     As I wrote to Jim it worked fine with the copy of Ubunto Studio
> I had at the meeting and which was loaned to him.

Aha!  Valuable data, so thanks.

Jim, please don't state as a fact that something is 'dead' unless you're
really, really sure -- and also, say _why you think so_, otherwise
all you're doing is confusing the situation with your guesses and
interpretations.  Which in this case Bobbie's cross-checking appears to
prove were mistaken, FWIW.  Given that your hardware works fine with
Ubuntu Studio, obviously it cannot be correctly pronounced 'dead'.