[sf-lug] Latest Linux Pro magazine - Issue 218 for January 2019 plus some other stuff.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Jan 4 20:54:53 PST 2019

Hi LUGers,

     Any one into Cad/Cam and related field including 3d printing?  Now on
Distrowatch is "CAELinux 2018, a new version of the project's Xubuntu-based
Linux distribution with a collection of tools designed for computer-aided
engineering".  I will be trying to download it later this evening.

     Does someone know a Serbian user longing for a distribution that
relates
directly to his native language and preserves Privacy? They might be
interested
in Septor 2019 listed on Distrowatch but unless someone objects I will not
be downloading this as even the release announcement is in Serbian.

     Well I managed to get my hands on the latest issue of Linux Pro,
Thursday, January 3, 2019 and hope to bring it to the meeting.
I have had little time to do more than scan the magazine.

  Linux Pro magazine - Issue 218 for January 2019
Distributions of the Month: Fedora 29 Workstation and Ubuntu 18.10

Tips For Using Cascading Style Sheets
Navigation  Tools and Free services for entending OpenStreetMap
Kernel Disposal: Are old kernels  sucking up valuable space on your
hard drive?

Build a Robot Car  (small one)

Zorin OS Will this well-appointed Linux succeed in attracting Windows users?

WebAuthn: Authenticate without a password!

Put It On! Build your own wearable with Android and MIT's App Inventor!

OOM Killer: What happens when the kernel runs out of memory?

     ⁂⁂⁂  And the Linux Voice features:

⁂Retroshare -  Secure communication over the Internet.

⁂maddog - IoT in Brazil

⁂Military - Malware  Complex - Security, cyberwar, and the Search for
zero days

    ⁂ FOSSPicks                                ⁂ Tutorial
      ✵ Whalebird                                ⁂ Getting started with
KDE's Plasma Desktop
      ✵ musikcube
      ✵  Imaginary Teleprompter

     And even more!