[sf-lug] Distribution Release: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Oct 31 08:42:00 PDT 2018

On 10/31/18 7:52 AM, aaronco36 wrote:

> Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> wrote at [1]:
>
>> Especially IT professionals.
>>     There is still a 30 day evaluation version available for download.
>> The Release Notes are at the following URL.
>> <https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/7.6_release_notes/index>
>>

> Also and apparently more for organisations and individuals that do not
> need strong commercial support in order to achieve successful operation.
>     There is still Red Hat Linux's community-based CentOS [2][3]
> available for download.
>
> The current CentOS-7 (1804) Release Notes are at this URL[4], and
> there may be a new release of CentOS-7 coming out in the near future
> even as I write this.
> (Oh, I see that Rick M just beat me to the punch on this ;-> )
>
> -A

     And as soon as CentOS  is released I will mention it here as well
as in other places.

     But in the mean time later this morning while I run errands I will
be torrenting or downloading
Linux Lite 4.2. Quoting from the Distrowatch blurb:

> This release sees an addition of
> Redshift, an application that
> adjusts the computer display's
>  colour temperature based upon
> the time of day: "Linux Lite 4.2
> final is now available for download and installation..."

Also this tiny bit of news collected from a retail chain
advertisement.

Intel 9th Gen i5, i7, and i9 CPUs delayed.
We are slowly getting stock of one or
two models, but they have been
extremely delayed on release.

And this from prior research online.