[sf-lug] IBM buying Red Hat for 34 billion

aaronco36 at sdf.org aaronco36 at sdf.org
Sun Oct 28 14:48:34 PDT 2018

Am currently writing this from today's BerkeleyLUG meetup, and Rick M [1]
is _really and actually_ sitting just to my left.

Ken Shaffer <kenshaffer80 at gmail.com> wrote at [2]:
> From the NY Times:
> The purchase, announced on Sunday afternoon, is the
> latest competitive step among large business software
> companies to gain an edge in the fast-growing
> market for Internet-style cloud computing.

According to the Bloomberg article 'IBM to Acquire Linux Distributor Red
Hat for $33.4 Billion'[3], this news is an "acquisition".
But according the IBM news release at [4] and Red Hat Inc's own news
release at [5], this acquisition is more of a partnership.

Just sayin'....
-A