[sf-lug] Specs for friend's HW?

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Wed Oct 3 19:49:54 PDT 2018

John Strazzarino <jstrazza at yahoo.com> wrote at [1]:
~~~~~~ quoting ~~~~~~~~~~
HP nc6400(branded compaq) 320 GB hard drive, 4 GB of ram, quintuple boot
(Zorin 6.1, 8, 11, Ubuntu 14.04 and windows/7). T5600 processor 1.83 GHz,
centrino Duo core, DVD-ROM, WiFi, battery is questionable.  Comes with a
snappy carry bag.  $125/best offer.  Will bri g to meeting on Sunday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good sufficiently-detailed specs, IMHO ;-)

Also, John Strazzarino <jstrazza at yahoo.com> previously wrote at [2]:
~~~~~~ quoting ~~~~~~~~~~
A friend has about a dozen computers and monitors he is getting rid of.
They are mostly older units, but I have no specs on them.
Just a heads up if your looking for hardware.
I can bring to the next Sunday meeting if desired.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While you (John) didn't _previously_ have specs on the dozen or so
computers and monitors your friend is getting rid of, would you possibly
have specs on *some* of them _in advance_ of this Sunday's meeting?

Reason for inquiring is that I might be specifically interested in one of
the smaller monitors (14" LCD up to 17" LCD with both VGA +and+ DVI
connectors), but _not_ interested in the computers that might go with the
monitors. Would try to bring a Raspberry Pi 3 along with its peripheral
cables and a HDMI-DVI cable to test out for this upcoming Sunday's
meeting.

IIRC, more detailed info on monitors is usually on the back sides of their
screens, so this info shouldn't at all be too difficult to obtain. More
detailed specs could be more readily looked-up with the monitor
manufacturer/make and specific model info on hand.

-A
aaronco36 at sdf.org

[1] http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2018q4/013436.html
[2] http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2018q3/013431.html