[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday October 7, 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Sep 30 20:44:03 PDT 2018

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

New releases:
SystemRescueCd 5.3.1   Going to have several copies of
this for members and if anyone wants to be sure of getting
a copy let me know.
     Best to post request to the list as my Junk filter
on Thunderbird has been seeming somewhat arbitrary
dumping one member's email post to me into Trash...

neon-useredition-20180925-0833-amd64.iso
Ubuntu based but with the latest KDE. will have one
DVD copy at the meeting

Haiku:
  haiku-r1beta1-x86_64-anyboot.zip
haiku-r1beta1-x86_gcc2_hybrid-anyboot.zip

     Usually I leave Beta editions alone but this
has been awaited by many fans for a long
time.
<https://www.haiku-os.org/news/2018_09_28_haiku_r1_beta1/>
will tell as much as you want about what is going on
with Haiku. Look at the Install procedure. Will have
haiku-r1beta1-x86_gcc2_hybrid-anyboot.zip 1 copy
on USB hopefully at the meeting.

minino-queiles-3.1_686-pae.iso
This is a unique release based on Debian but more
interestingly perhaps to me than to others it features
3 languages, English, Spanish and Galacian.
Galacian is a antique language but still spoken
by lots of people in Spain and some in Portugal.
The history of the Iberian penisula from Roman
times on is involved in the history of Galacian.
Yes I googled it... One copy at the meeting.
     So basically I got it for the same reasons I
make sure to have a relatively recent distribution
of Deepin and/or Ubuntu Kylin at hand.

     Well that is the story as of Sunday night.
If anything interesting is released I will try
to let the list know in advance.

         Well I hope I see you at the October 7
meeting,

         Bobbie Sellers