[sf-lug] USB mic not working under 14.04

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 6 21:57:20 PDT 2018

Well, I do find my usbdiff to be quite handy.

E.g. run usbdiff, plug in some USB device, hit <ENTER> ... and get
just the info on the differences, in nice concise - but sufficiently
detailed form - at least for most purposes I'd be interested in,
example:
# usbdiff
Connect USB device, then press <RETURN> when ready to continue:
USB identification:
ID 04d9:1702 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc.
Vendor 0x04d9 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc.
Product 0x1702 USB Keyboard
Serial
#

And none of the clutter of all the other USB stuff I'm not interested
in at the moment.