[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday, September 2, 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 27 15:27:19 PDT 2018

Hi LUGers,

SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members. If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

Well I have had a rotten week trying to get failed equipment to
work.

But first the Meeting of Monday August 20, 2018 was lightly
attended. Aaron C. was there ahead of me.
Later he got a copy of Knoppix 8.2 which I copied to a
USB Flash Drive. Aaron first though had to create a directory
for that iso on the FD.
John L. showed up and he uses Debian on a nice Lenova.
This led to me discovering that my i5 was a dual core, physically
on which ran 4 virtual cores. The informational programs all
agreed that I have 4 cores so I guess those virtual cores are
pretty solid.

Ate 8 PM Aaron and I caught a #38 back to downtown.

Then I left at my usual stop and was home about 0850.

After getting my computer reconnected I set up the download of an .iso file
and went to bed.
The next morning I found that my download had halted about 10:47 and
that my network connection was down.
I didn't have much free time to work on this but by the weekend I had put
in several hows with no results.
On Sunday I decided that I would go to the Cafe Enchante on Monday
to catch up on the e-mail and my PCLinusOS64 updates.

Hope things are better for you all over the last week and hope to see
some of us on Sunday August 2.

Bobbie Sellers