[sf-lug] BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2018-08-21; & other BALUG News

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Aug 20 20:24:39 PDT 2018

jim writes:
>     Ken, Akanna, and Rick are some of our
> folks with the deepest knowledge. I'm hoping
> for their responses.

I think it's a great idea. I'm no longer in the Bay Area myself
(I moved to New Mexico in 2014, but stayed on the various Bay Area
LUG lists because of all the interesting discussions) so I can't
come to the meeting, but I'm all for discussions that help answer
"Why?" So many answers you find on the web just give a few cookbook
instructions, and without understanding what's really happening
under the hood, a cookbook solution may fail, or may work now but
fail a year from now.

        ...Akkana