[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Sunday August 5, 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Aug 5 19:53:39 PDT 2018

On 08/05/2018 07:21 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):
     snip

>> The next meeting will be on Monday, August 20, 2018 at the
>> Cafe Enchante from 6-8 PM.
> _But_ that's the final day that the Worldcon is in town, in San Jose:
> https://www.worldcon76.org/

     Well if you must go to Worldcon76.  As for me I am not social enough to
enjoy SF Conventions and since I don't have enough energy to deal with
the walking about and crowds I will be, if alive, at the Cafe Enchante.

     I love Science (Speculative) Fiction and have been reading it for
over 70 years.  I even read about Word Processing in Analog
Magazine of SF back in my late 20s or early 30s.  This motivated me
to get into computing.
     As I say I love SF but Linux is more useful to me.
     The same is true of Comics Conventions and even those focusing
on manga and anime.
     Thus I will be at Cafe Enchante on the 20th of August, another
year older and probably deeper in debt.
     On the other hand if I hadn't gotten sick about 36 years back
I probably would be working for a living and riding a motorcycle
instead of a task chair and twisting a throttle rather than punching
a keyboard.   [ca sera sera]

     Bobbie