[sf-lug] Linux Anti-Virus tool - comments requested...

Robert Johnson emailbox6357 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 17:41:08 PDT 2018

On 7/11/18, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):
>
>> I wonder about this tool, whether it does useful things or not/
>
> Same old.
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/

> Related Information <br>
> http://www.shallowsky.com/blog/<br>
> http://explainshell.com/ <br>

About a year ago I switched to Bitdefender because they have a package
that is Linux compatible.  I never purchased it, but I kept thinking
about it.  Everytime some new virus was discovered I would think about
it.  Still I purchased their AV only for my Win systems.  About six
months ago or so I remember reading a story in one of the computer
magazines - can't remember which one - and someone reported that a
Linux server was "infected" and hacked in some fashion and the
business had to pay to get back control of their server.  They also
mentioned, surprisingly, that the company had not updated the server
in several years!  If it ain't broke, right?!?!  Thanks for the info
on your "rant" page.