[sf-lug] A pdf file about Social Media and how users are herded into giving up privacy...

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Jun 29 16:33:58 PDT 2018

      Hi LUGers,

      As the subject says this leads to the download of a 44 page .pdf
file about how users are manipulated by clever presentation to present
themselves as advertising targets.  Facebook, Google and Microsoft are
reviewed by this document and so is the European Data Privacy Law.

This is the only credit I could find:
The Norwegian Consumer Council is an interest organisation for consumers
funded by the Norwegian government. Part of our work is to promote
consumer rights such as privacy, security and balanced contracts in
digital products and services.
  We have published reports on how mobile apps1 fail to
respect consumer rights, and how connected devices such
  as toys lack basic security and privacy-protective measures.

Below is the original message sent to another mailing list by my
professional
SA in Norway.

I am going to look more closely and see what it says about the Facebook
requirement to input Social Security numbers to get an account. That is
what the defecting Libyan Treasurer asks for as well as the wealthy
elder who want me to take money for doing good works.  Maybe Fb
and them have something in common?  Too bad for all the orphans
I could help with the money, that I am not more trusting.