[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Monday, 18 June 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Jun 19 09:57:23 PDT 2018

     Hi LUGers,

         Well I showed up about 5:35 PM and left about 8 PM.

     The only other member at the Meeting was Aaron C. who
showed up at 6:30 PM

     I had some problems with my computer but with the use of
Super Grub2 Disk got into my installation and ran "update-grub"
which at least got me to the point that I could boot up my main
install of PCLinuxOS64.  Also Boot Reapir Disk may have helped,
     However the installation of the latest release of
  PCLinuxOS64-KDE-2018.06.iso which had caused the
problem was no longer available.  No matter there as it is just
a compilation of the 2017.11 with all the updated packages
to the best of my information.
     I also got my external drive working so that the few hundred
Gigabytes of the current distributions were available again along
of course with the few hundred gigabytes of entertainment
material.

     Aaron has installed ArchLabs Linux on his netbook and it makes
a very nice appearance with plenty of tools.  i offered him whatever
I had at hand but sadly none of the distributions particularly interested
him.
         We discussed several matters regarding the x86 cpu line and its
latest discovered problems.

     At 7:45 I began to pack up my equipment and Aaron and I
caught the same bus back to downtown San Francisco.

     Anyone attending the meeting is free to correct my omissions or
incomprehension of the activities and asked to do so asap so that the
membership not in attendance will not be mis-informed any longer
than necessary.

     The next meeting will be on Sunday July the 1st between 11 am
and 1 pm at the Cafe Enchante.
     Happy Summer Solstice and a glorius Canada Day!
     Regular announcement of the meeting will be made next
Monday when it will only be 6 months before Xmas.

     Bobbie Sellers