[sf-lug] Knoppix 8.2 is out!

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon May 21 11:39:21 PDT 2018

On 05/20/2018 09:13 PM, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> Hi LUGers,
>     I am downloading the iso file tonight but may have to wait
> until the meeting as I have a busy day on Monday with chores
> I must take care of.
>
>     If you don't know why Knoppix is a handy tool to have in your
> kit you have never had to deal with a friend who lost a password
> on a Windows machine.
>
>     If you prefer to get this yourself look at:
>     <http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/>
>
>     Hope to see you at the meeting.
>
>     Bobbie Sellers

     Well i simply don't know if this is a problem with my Delll laptop
and notebook computers but it is difficult to boot in UEFI mode
from a written DVD.  Booting from the old MS works and then a
  Flash Drive can be written either with the Knoppix tool if you
  want to have a file overlay of personal data or if only to boot
from with my DDCopy on PCLinuxOS64.   The Flash Drive
written either way will boot in UEFI mode.

     So depending on your choice best to bring a 8 GB or larger Flash Drive
to get a copy of the iso file.

     bliss