[sf-lug] [SOLVED..(so far)]>>>Re: [i don't hear 'Hal's' voice...YET]

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Mon Apr 30 15:37:02 PDT 2018

maestro <maestro415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> if anyone thinks of something further i should do/run for the original
> issue or what it was/is feel free to send it and thanks...

> > watching a live sports feed on t-440p thinkpad running
> > LInux Mint_Mate_64 screen 'fizzed' out with horizontal
> > multi-color lines_'ish across display and 'static'
> > sound while backlighting on keyboard blinked on and off...
> >
> > went to boot up said thinkpad after getting it to rest
> > (complete shutdown) and it won't boot just blinks
> > backlighting on keyboard NO display.

Sometimes I've found that display problems like those described above are
from defective, failing, or improperly installed RAM.
A couple of things to do/run are to

1st - Remove the RAM sticks, clean the contacts on both the RAM sticks and
the motherboard RAM slots, and then _properly_ re-insert the sticks in the
motherboard RAM slots.

2nd - Run a memory-checking program such as memtest86+ from your live
media to see if any of the RAM sticks might be scanned as defective.

3rd - Replace the current RAM sticks with known good RAM sticks, and then
see if the display problems then disappear.

Hope that this can help.....

-A

aaronco36 at sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org