[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday, 16 April 2018 at the Cafe Enchante

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 9 09:22:31 PDT 2018

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 8 members.   If you have a problem come along
and if we cannot help we can usually find someone who can.

  April 05, 2018 managed to get a copy of the Linux Pro magazine
issue #209.
Distribution of the Month are TrueOS 17.12 and Ubunto 17.10 with
the Budgie Desktop Environment.
     Cover Headline ask repeatedly IS Firefox Back and many pages
are devoted to the topic(while I have never stopped using Firebox)
     Browser shootout compares Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Vivaldi.
     They compare Firefox Quantum with recent version of Chrome
as well.
     Font Tricks from the comfort of your office suite.
     Write a Script that changes your YouTube metadata.
     Kernel Self-Protection subtitled Tune in to this practical project
for tips on safer coding.
     Lakka turns your Rasp Pi into gaming console,
     NoMachine is Remote desktop solution.
     Tkinter Library control your maker creations from a smartphone.
     LINUXVoice features maddog:When chips go bad a diplomatic tale of
yesteryear.
     LFTP: Better, faster, more vesatile FTP
     Bringing order to ideas with Compenium
     FOSSPicks
     KIT Scenarist if you have ideas for that TV, movie or ?
     Oil Bash Alternative
     Etcher ISO to USP or is it USB? read the story.
     A Turorial on Over-the-Top Video Transitions
www.LinuxPromagazine,com

     I have had only a little time to scan this issue but will try to
read more
of it before the meeting.
     If anyone wants a copy of either of the distributions from this
month or
previous months let me know here on the mailing list ASAP and I will have
a copy for you at the  meeting.

     In addition on April 6 systemrescuecd-x86-5.2.2.iso was released.
I have it downloaded and will make more than one CD of it it if requested
here. If you want to get your own copy you can go to the SystemRescueCD
site at: <http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/Download/> where you can
  also get the checksums.

     Besides that as reported we have the latest version of GPartEd and even
as a historical curiosity an ancient version from about 2006.  I am talking
here about Live disks.

     Hope to see some of you all next Monday.

         Bobbie Sellers