[sf-lug] That ISO collection (was: BALUG: meeting TODAY!: Tu 2018-01-16 discussion topics...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 18 23:52:14 PST 2018

Well, if one takes a peek on:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/berkeleylug/_cwyb-JW1eo

It also mentions there a fair bit about which meetings I typically
bring all the ISO images to - not necessarily all the burnt images,
but the ISOs on filesystem.  At such a meetings - especially if
arranged in advance, and power, etc. available, could potentially
transfer a copy of most all the ISOs, etc. ... or at least as much as
one may be interested in, via., e.g. USB to suitably sized drive
or flash, or potentially over network or SATA - does also depend what
I may bring with me and/or what may otherwise be available.
At present, the whole collection weighs in at ...
$ 2>>/dev/null du -sh .
226G    .
$
... about 226 GiB.
And, just the "newer" stuff - which is mostly just what's in the
"Recommended" section - or a subset thereof:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc#recommended
presently weighs in at ...
$ du -sh newer
25G     newer