[sf-lug] BALUG: meeting TODAY!: Tu 2018-01-16 discussion topics...

acohen36 acohen36 at SDF.ORG
Tue Jan 16 09:43:46 PST 2018

Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu>  wrote:

> BALUG: meeting TODAY!: Tu 2018-01-16 discussion topics:
> md RAID, Meltdown/Spectre, ...; & other BALUG News

While there certainly will be some interesting discussion around these
above topics, BALUG meeting attendees might wish to be aware that
apparently, Henry's Hunan Restaurant http://henryshunan.com/natoma.html
doesn't have electrical outlets as available for powering computing
devices near its customer tables to the same high degree as does Cafe
Enchante.  Unsure about the availability and reliability of the
[non-tethered] WiFi that Henry's Hunan Restaurant itself provides for its
customers.

OTOH, Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> also wrote:

> We typically have various giveaway items at BALUG meetings.
> We'll likely have at least the below plus additional items.
>
> CDs/DVDs/ISOs, etc. - have a peek here:
> http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc
> Donations of blank or +-RW media, USB flash, or funding thereof, also
> appreciated.  See the above URL for details (and the inventory (qty.)
> of what we specifically have "burned" and available on-hand does also
> frequently change).

While electrical outlets might be a bit problematic near customer tables
at Henry's Hunan Restaurant, at the same time, those SF-LUG participants
who wish to borrow installation optical-media and/or copy installation
ISO's for their own needs outside of the restaurant could readily take
advantage of Michael P's offer above by attending this and future BALUG
meetings.  IMNSHO, I've found that CD's are the lowest-common-denominator
among nearly _all_ optical-media-reading devices, as opposed to DVD's.

-A

acohen36 at sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org