[sf-lug] SVLUG Nov. 1st meeting: Rob Walker on MythTV and Kodi Lecture and Demo (Rick Moen)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 1 15:23:50 PDT 2017

Quoting Rob Walker (rob at ladle.net):

> I wish I had slides, for that would mean that I am more organized that
> I currently am.  I have a total of 14 images for the beginning of the
> talk, which shows some things which I thought I should cache locally.
>
> If we were to record this and put it online, I would ask for about 15
> minutes heads up so I can tighten things up on the demonstration side.
>
> I do not have any equipment that can do this, I have recorded one
> video for YouTube in the past, but I don't remember how I did it.  If
> we find someone to mount a phone somewhere, that might be all that we
> need.

Just a general comment on live-streaming of SVLUG meetings, which I
believe also applies to pretty much all other LUG meetings:

Live-streaming, you ask?  Answer:  Yay, excellent!  We're all for it!
Please do.

Please bring the necessary video and sound equipment, your skills as a
videographer, and the means to live-stream what you record.  Thank you
kindly.  We'll offer you a title plus our official thanks.

If you cannot do that, we understand that volunteers have to limit what
they take on.  For example, SVLUG's volunteers focus on running a good
meeting every month for the people who're able to attend.  We do our
best to make it worth the trip, and worth your time.  If you can't make
one of the meetings, we're sorry to hear that.  Maybe you can make it
next time.