[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting Sunday + a bit more

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 28 14:56:05 PDT 2017

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

>     Well I mention it because PCLinux put that in the main iso
> rather than Firefox.

Huh!  That's odd.  I could have sworn that Google, Inc. doesn't permit
third-party redistribution of Google Chrome.  The PCLinuxOS people might
have negotiated a deal, though.

>     I guess it has been some time since I saw Chromium but it would
> probably be a much better choice than Google Chrome.

It's OK.  A little stark in appearance, because IIRC one of Google's
main objectives was to create code for mobile devices.  I think it's
worth keeping around as an additional browser, at least.  But don't
trust 'em.

>     Well I simply don't care for Google and having my mail on
> some cloud somewhere instead of sitting on my hard disk or my mail
> server until I have time to visit the server  and delete the
> downloaded stuff.

They's only the _second_ nosiest corporation on the planet (next to
Facebook).  ;->

Anyway, yeah!  Preach it!  Seriously, I'm totally with you, on that.