[sf-lug] SF-LUG (Monday) meeting notice

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Sep 11 13:56:45 PDT 2017

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     I was able to get the latest Linux Pro magazine on
Friday September 8th (from the Fog City News) and
it is full of interesting articles, but the distros on DVD
this month are TAILS 3.0 and  Debian 9 Gnome.
If anyone wants to try out Debian 9.1 in Gnome flavor
let me know and I will try to get it but otherwise
I have no use for it.  We already have the KDE versions.

     Articles include Power Management (to) Keep your laptop
running longer; Amahi to stream audio and back up files,
4 Fabulous Doc management tools, Hack your ride to
read data from your cars diagnostic port, Coffeescript
and other JavaScript alternatives, Googler which is a
Command-line search engine, the interview with Mark
Shuttleworth [described as the Prince of Canonical]
about the future of Ubuntu and other projects. and
much more in the Linux Voice Section.

This last week added to the LUG Library are
Zorin-OS-12.2-Education-64.iso and
Zorin-OS-12.2-Education-32.iso!

.  Zorin is designed to make it easy for the Linux
newcomer to deal with. It can provide a desktop
looking like Windows, MacOS, Gnome, and a couple
of other DE.  I guess we could call it a great imitator.
    With any luck I will have it on the Dell by the
18th and in a state to demonstrate its variable
Desktop Environment.

     Updates:

systemrescuecd-x86-5.1.0.iso

Will have copies at the meeting.

manjaro-kde-17.0.4-stable-x86_64.iso

I hope to see more of you all next Monday evening.

Bobbie Sellers