[sf-lug] A problem of spacing with terminal

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 15 08:01:17 PDT 2017

/dev/tty5 (Ctrl+Alt+F5), and
/dev/tty7 (Ctrl+Alt+F7)
are most common for X11 among what I've seen for various
Linux distributions and versions thereof.

The Linux kernel can go up to 63 virtual
consoles, but almost nobody configures to use beyond 12, and
something around 4, 6, or 10 or 12 (or a bit less) is pretty common/typical.

references/excerpts:
console(4)