[sf-lug] A problem of spacing with terminal

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Aug 13 21:03:38 PDT 2017

Hi LUGers,

     I am having a problem with terminal windows in that the cursor is
coming up
on screen about 5 spaces to the left of where the typed characters will
appear.
This is somewhat annoying.

When I use su - to go into root the spaces are cut back to about 2 from
where
the characters will appear.

     I am using PCLinuxOS64 KDE5 2017.07 and while KDE's Plasma 5 is
notoriously
incomplete I have not seen this behavior before and doubt it has to do
with the
version of Plasma 5.

     And I have gone into the Terminal configuration and see nothing
which I could
interpret as having anything to do with the cursor spacing.

     No answers here and I will simply post the same remarks on Usenet
and/or
PCLinux forums.

     Bobbie Sellers