[sf-lug] SF-LUG web site is being "maintained" ... Noisebridge, ... Re: SF-LUG meeting notes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 20 20:19:14 PDT 2017

> Noisebridge ... dissing?  I wasn't there, but I'd hardly guestimate
> that was the case.  Due to various problems Noisebridge has had, it
> members only - plus those under escort of a member.  So, if you're
> expecting Noisebridge members who may have no SF-LUG affiliation to
> escort SF-LUG folks who are not Noisebridge members, that's expecting
> a relatively undue burden of Noisedbridge folks.  I believe Jim
> Stockford is a member of Noisebridge, but I don't know if any other
> SF-LUG folks are ... or are who also regularly or semi-regularly
> go for the Linux discussion group thingy at Noisebridge.

There's obviously a great deal of nuance to this.  Some of the flavour
of that can be seen here:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Getting_In

When all is said and done, first-class access to the hackerspace will
probably always be at the discretion of Noisebridge members, the good
people like Jim who financially underwrite the institution.