[sf-lug] RPi3 distro recommendation

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Jun 5 08:30:46 PDT 2017

Bobbie Sellers writes:
>     Well I thought I had read that ARM and Raspberry support was
> discontinued along
> with Ubuntu's Unity which was a phone DE interface actually.

I'm confused. Isn't Raspbian based on Debian, not Ubuntu? And
Raspbian uses its own desktop (called Pixel, based on LXDE). So
Ubuntu's support or non-support of RPi, or of Unity, should make no
difference to someone using Raspbian. It only matters if you were
thinking of switching the RPi from Raspbian to Ubuntu and switching
to the Unity desktop. In which case, well ... don't. :-)

        ...Akkana