[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Sunday May 7, 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun May 7 15:22:56 PDT 2017

Hi LUGers,

     Well I got out of the house a bit late this AM
but arrived at the Cafe Enchante about 10:45 AM

     John S. had preceded me and since the large
table was taken he had tried to secure 2 or 3
of the smaller square tables and one round table
near the service counter, all on the center aisle.
There was a slight problem with getting to a working
electrical tap but I was able to resolve that with my short
extension.

     11:00 AM Tom T, showed up and I gave him the
System Rescue CD disk 5.0.0 .  For some reason I
could not spot the Unbuntu 17.04 Mate disk I had
made for him.  So I ran off a fresh copy on a blank
DVD I happened to have in the bag.  He with the
advice of Ken Shaffer managed to get the Unbuntu
installed in a Dual-boot configuration with Windows
10.   He professed himself satisfied.  Tom sat down at
the only open space at the large table.  next to the
tables the others of us were using.

11:10 Ken Shaffer and Assuna his wife showed up.
Ken talked a lot to Tom T. assisting him with the
Ubuntu install.

11:20 Aaron showed up and got the copy of Kali
17.0 amd64 to use later.

John S. is trying to get rid of his Raspberry Pi
and Aaron seems interested.

After 12 Noon Mike showed up and got copies of
System Rescue CD and I burned him a fresh copy
of Super_Grub2 Disk.   He and John S, talked more
and both talked to Ken.

     A curious non-member showed up about this
time and wanted what the group does explained
which I attempted to do.  I also found out that he
works with Debian both on his own computer and
on servers at his job.  He lives near the Cafe and we
can hope to see him at future meetings.  He has been
working with Linux for about 10 years.   As I pointed
out working with Linux may preclude much of the fun
we have learning about Linux.  But he seemed sincerely
interested in the Group and has a bookmark with the
meeting times and email addresses and URLs.

     12:45 time noted and I began to pack up the luggage.
     Ken and his wife left about this time.

     Tom T.  professed himself very satisfied with the
results of his Ubuntu install and stayed to work more
with that computer.

     About 1:00 PM John S., Mike, Aaron and myself left.
John S. very kindly.gave us rides to our next destinations.

     All in all it was though, a small meeting very successful,
I believe.

     The next meeting at the Cafe Enchante will be on Monday
May 15, 2017, from 6 PM to 8 PM.  I will try to think of something
interesting to write about it tomorrow.

     Please if any attendee can find more to say about anything
let the mailing list know ASAP so that incorrect interpretation
of the news will not confuse the membership any more than
we are already.

     Bobbie Sellers