[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday, May 7, 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon May 1 09:14:33 PDT 2017

Hi LUGgers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Users who like Kali should know that we have added two
new versions:Kali Linux 2017.1 for both x86 and for amd64.
Please let me know if you want a copy.

Just this AM downloaded systemrescuecd-x86-5.0.0.iso
I am making 3 or 4 copies this AM.  If you are interested
in getting a copy of  this update I suggest letting me
know about it asap.

     Android x86 6.0-r3 is out for both x86 and amd64
this is a port of Marshmallow the latest Android.
I will not download the iso files unless someone expresses
interest,
     However Android is available as an installable package
to a ex4 partition. Supposedly it will be selectable from the
startup menu.  I will be trying out this shortly and hope
to have a demo running by Sunday,  It seems to me that if
this works as described it might be good for people to set
up for the tablet users in the family.  This would give them
a familiar interface on a more powerful machine.
    You can read about this at
<http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-6-0-r3>

     Linux Pro magazine is having distribution problems locally
and it has been over a month since a new issue has been put on
the stands.  I will bring along an old issue or two of this magazine.

     Hope to see some of us at the meeting.

     Bobbie Sellers