[sf-lug] 13 reasons not to use chrome...

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Mar 24 10:17:11 PDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 04:47:05PM +0000, jim wrote:

>     Did you see Rick Moen's response in this
> thread? The article did not include text-only
> browsers. Rick listed several text-only
> browsers in his reply, though without
> commenting on them.

Links, Mutt, and ircII, together with screen, is the
perfect way for me to get online via my Atari 8-bit. :)

http://lists.lugod.org/pipermail/vox/2017-February/009911.html

Amazingly, I can even interact with the likes of Facebook
and Twitter, via their mobile-oriented websites, using Links!

They present horrid interfaces for forum discussions,
private messaging / email, or live chatting, compared to using
a real BBS, elm or mutt email clients, trn or tin Usenet newsreaders,
or irc -- all of which I used via dialup on my Atari and MSDOS PC,
and telnet from my roommate's awful Win95 laptop, 20 years ago.)

-bill!