[sf-lug] A New OLPC Project in Ethiopia

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Mar 8 20:08:00 PST 2017

Greetings!

OLPC San Francisco will be hosting our monthly meeting Saturday, March
11th, from 10:30AM - 1PM at the downtown SFSU campus, 835 Market
Street, 6th floor, room 609.

Please RSVP:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/olpc-sf-march-meeting-ethiopia-tickets-8350942895

This month, the **new** OLPC XO-NL3 Laptop is going to Ethiopia. Come
and see the new device at work. We'll have a discussion with the
project lead Andreas Gros of Facebook and OLPC expert Sameer Verma of
SFSU (that's me!). Discussion will be moderated by Alex Kleider.

We will have Ethiopian coffee and light snacks.

Agenda
- Meet and greet
- Ethiopia and the new OLPC XO-NL3 Laptop
- Project updates
- Project working time

Our meetings are held on the second Saturday of every month. Everyone
is welcome to join us for our monthly meeting! We'll be discussing the
latest in OLPC events and give updates on our local (and global)
projects. There will be plenty of XO laptops with the latest builds to
play around with, too.

cheers,
Sameer
--