[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Sunday January 1. 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 2 09:34:27 PST 2017

Hi LUGers,

     Well I had no high hopes for the meeting on New Year's Day,
however it came out much better than I hoped.

     10:35 AM I got to the Cafe Enchante which was quite empty
with only a few customers.  I was able to get the large table
and setup went very well.

10:45 I was online, the magazines were on the table along with Tux.
     I got my usual decaf drink and settled down to try to get pfSense
working on the install in Virtual Box I had done last night,
After about 20 minutes of that I realized that I had not a clue.
I switched over to reading manga I had brought along.

11:15 I stopped to make notes.
Back to reading manga.

12:12 PM finished my soy latte

12:14 PM Joseph P, showed up and was I ever glad to see him.
Joseph later took home a couple of magazine and some optical disks.

12:15 PM Antonio M. showed up and I was sure he could help me with
my problems with the pfSense.  We found out that pfSense apparently
does not care for WiFi and in addition on a notebook or laptop with
only one adapter for WiFi it may be impossible to carry out the
operation I envisaged.  But we explored as well as we could the
possibility.

12:40 Jim S. came in to share some time with us and eat lunch.
Jim and Antonio proved to be the life of the party and as a result
of their discussions the meeting did not adjourn until about
1:45 PM. after which  Jim gave us 3 rides to out next destinations.

     So if any attendees have additions or corrections to these
notes speak up quickly before my mistakes have a chance to
be fixed in the minds of the readers.

     Next meeting will be on Monday January 16 from 6-8 PM
     The regular notice should be up on January 9, 2017.

     Thanks for your attention!

     Bobbie Sellers

     Happy New Year to all!