[sf-lug] Considering purchasing a lightweight laptop: thoughts Thinkpad X1 carbon vs. Thinkpad T460S

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Dec 27 08:32:37 PST 2016

My intention was to skim through the scripts looking for anything I
already tried manually that crashed the aforementioned Skylake laptop
running Fedora at CABAL, after I already got my own "new old" laptop
set up with Optimus. Mine is Ivy Bridge, because nothing newer has
oldfangled things like ExpressCard, and it didn't need writing all
those scripts, because Ubuntu packages the nVidia proprietary drivers
using the Debian framework, which accomplishes your stated goal _just
by itself_.