[sf-lug] Considering purchasing a lightweight laptop: thoughts Thinkpad X1 carbon vs. Thinkpad T460S

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Dec 26 23:14:32 PST 2016

Unknown. All I can say is that I spent many hours down at CABAL trying
to get such a laptop to work without blacklisting all modules which
could possibly touch the chip, and I never succeeded. I do not
remember whether I attempted to install the proprietary nVidia drivers
as well, and I likely didn't, because the use case left no room for
them, and I did not trust RPM to clean up after them.